Fondation Helga Heidrich SOS Animaux
DONATE VIA PAYPAL
Internationaler Förderverein d.
Fondation Helga Heidrich SOS Tiersch.
IBAN: DE39 250800200561400400
HELP FOR THE MISTREATED ANIMALS
When it comes to protection and decent keeping of animals there‘s an unbelievable plight in Marrakesh. It is hard to find the words to describe the circumstances there. It is simply cruel. Especially for working animals: donkeys, mules and horses. In the streets and Souks we find horrible scenes:
- Animals with open infected wounds have to keep working until they collapse
- Flies cover these wounds, there‘s no medical treatment
- At night the animals are sent to dump sites to find food
- Although the temperature is around 40° in the shadow, ther‘s not enough water supply for the animals
- Barbed wire is used as bridle
- Intestines come out of the anus as a result of an overload of work
- In order to make the animals work faster, nails and sharp wooden sticks are pushed into the sides until they bleed; or they are mistretated through kicks into the genitals
- Because carts are often loaded too heavily, animals collapse and are forced back on their feet by kicks
- animals serve as „working material“ and if it‘s no longer of use, it is simply abandoned and left behind somewhere. Owners are usually not able to see or even willing to discusss why their animals need medical treatment
We buy mistreated animals, take them to the vet and give them a safe home. We try to offer maximum help but all this is only a drop in the ocean.