Fondation Helga Heidrich SOS Animaux
DONATE VIA PAYPAL
Internationaler Förderverein d.
Fondation Helga Heidrich SOS Tiersch.
IBAN: DE39 250800200561400400
CASTRATION OF STRAY ANIMALS
They suffer a lot, but beyond the borders of this country hardly anyone knows about it. The stray dogs of Morrocco die of poison, mass shootings or of accidents and starvation. Animals which survive keep reproducing so that their numbers are still rising.
WE RING THE ALARM BELL FOR ANIMALS IN MOROCCO
The Helga Heidrich Fondation SOS Animaux tries to improve the living conditions of stray animals with a lasting effect. Our main goal is lowering the birth rates through castration. In addition to that we ask for a standardized and obligatory law concerning the protection of animals, which regulates the castration and marking of dogs with chips.
Killing the dogs is not solving the problem but even works against improvement as non castrated animals take the killed animals’ place and produce more offspring because there is more food available. One healthy dog couple is able to produce up to 60.000 dogs within 6 years, if their offspring doesn’t get castrated. Killing will never diminish the dog population, this can only be accomplished thorugh castration. Source: Tasso e.V.
PLANNED CAMPAIGN FOR CASTRATION
- The Fondation takes care of the organisation of the campaign on site.
- Medical tents and wake up rooms are being bought and are available throughout the whole duration of the campaign.
- Helpers will catch the animals and take them to the tents in transport boxes and vans.
- The Fondation Helga Heidrich SOS Animaux watches over the campaign led by veterinary surgeons. The animals get a chip for identification.
- Additionally the animals get a combined vaccination which includes an anti-rabies vaccination.
- The animals are also dewormed and undergo a treatment against ticks and fleas.
RABIES RAGES IN MOROCCO
The fondation Helga Heidrich tries to protect animals as well as people of the deadly rabies virus. The goal is to organize those combinated campaigns for both inoculation and castration on a regular basis in order to approach a future without rabies step by step. In addition to that there has to be more awareness training in schools and on TV to reach a bigger audience and the general public. Please help!
INFORMATION FOR TOURISTS: